BioBalance Next-Gen is a liquid blend of postbiotics, metabolites, and natural plant extracts designed to supply nutrients and metabolites to the Gastro-Intestinal tract and the micro-organisms that inhabit it. It provides bioactive compounds that increase metabolic activity, enhance intake and growth rates, and improve young ruminants’ health and immunity.
- Dairy and beef systems
- Once-a-day, twice-a-day or ad-libitum feeding regimes
- Bucket, machine or automatic/computerised feeding systems.
Lambs: 4ml/ day for 28days
Calves: 20ml / day for 28 days.
It can be fed up to 40ml/ head/day for calves recovering from illness or veterinary treatment.
WHAT BIOBALANCE NEXT-GEN PROMISES
BIOBALANCE NEXT-GEN OFFERS A MULTI-FACETED APPROACH TO CALF GROWTH AND HEALTH:
- The process of accelerated rumen development triggers a significant increase in feed intake by hastening the maturation of the rumen and the gastro-intestinal tract.
- By enhancing the pace and extent of intestinal growth, optimal intestinal progress ensures calves can extract the maximum nutritional value from their feed earlier.
- Exposure to specific metabolites and improved microbiome balance leads to lengthened rumen papillae, facilitating a smoother transition to solid feed, increasing starter feed consumption, and contributing to increased weight gain
- Robust immune system enhancement consolidates the immune system’s strength, enabling calves to effectively combat pathogens and build a strong immune defence that will serve them well throughout their lifespan.
- A mucosal immunity boost intensifies the immune response, helping to reduce the prevalence of viruses, decrease inflammation, and prevent the intrusion of toxins.
- Superior epithelial protection promotes the development of less permeable epithelial barriers within the calf’s gastro-intestinal system, preventing harmful substances from penetrating and potentially causing damage.
There are always animals that perform better than their group average;, there are always individuals with high expectations, and they just do not seem to make the grade. We have overlooked the microbiome’s make-up for many years because it is not visible to the naked eye. Animals with a more optimal microbiome tend to perform better, and it is a cascade of positivity, all set off by a series of tiny microbes that make the calf’s Gastrointestinal tract home. Calves that have a healthy, well-balanced Microbiome have fewer health setbacks such as diarrhoea or pneumonia; they tend to develop a functioning rumen faster, which means they can consume solid feed sooner and more of it. A well balanced microbiome leads to increased weight gains, an easier transition off milk, spending fewer days off feed and, are capable of better fulfilling their genetic potential, whether to reproduce, put on meat efficiently, or produce milk for longer and in higher quantities.
BioBalance Next-Gen Postbitotic Liquid is proud to contain Diamond V, a potent fermentation by-product teeming with beneficial metabolites that support livestock health and performance. Moreover, its unique base product comprises natural plant-derived Mono propylene glycol, sugars, and oligosaccharides, which furnish energy and foster optimal development of ruminal flora due to their complex sugar composition.
INTRODUCTION TO POSTBIOTICS
In animal health and performance, the spotlight often falls on the trio of nutritional aids: prebiotics, probiotics, and the less heralded but crucially significant, postbiotics. Prebiotics act as the fodder for beneficial gut bacteria, while probiotics are living micro-organisms that augment or restore the gut flora. Postbiotics, however, are non-living substances derived from these probiotic organisms that deliver health benefits, including fortified gut integrity and immune system enhancement. Our latest offering, BioBalance Next-Gen, taps into the potent benefits of postbiotics to promote the development of the rumen and gastrointestinal tract, thereby boosting feed intake, improving weight gain, and bolstering the immune system. This forward-thinking product is focused on the gut, home to 99% of the microbiome and a vital player in overall animal well-being. The postbiotics in BioBalance Next-Gen are products of a controlled production process, guaranteeing consistency and targeted administration tailored to young ruminants’ unique needs and challenges.
BioBalance Next-Gen’s efficacy is attributed to its comprehensive mode of action:
- Rumen Micro-organisms Modification: Alters the microbial population to favour beneficial bacteria, including fibrolytic and lactate-consuming varieties, and increases in rumen fungi.
- Rumen Environment Enhancement: Stabilises rumen pH while increasing volatile fatty acid (VFA) and microbial protein (MP) production.
- Intestinal Efficiency: Amplifies feed digestibility within the intestine for superior nutrient uptake.
- Palatability and Energy Supply: Features a distinctive base product with Mono propylene glycol from natural plant origins, alongside a syrup of sugars and oligosaccharides, to foster ruminal flora development and maintain optimal blood sugar levels.
- Nutrient and Metabolite Supply: Provides essential nutrients and bioactive compounds that nourish the rumen and its micro-organisms, thus enhancing metabolic activity.
BioBalance Next-Gen goes beyond mere supplementation; it is an integrated approach encompassing Diamond V, a product rich in various beneficial metabolites essential for livestock health and performance. This product redefines animal nutrition, focusing on nourishment and creating an optimal environment for growth and health, thereby setting a new benchmark in the field. Calf Program Mode of Action Metabolites and bioactive compounds have a positive effect upon intestinal development, rumen development and the immune response
BioBalance Next Gen’s mode of action is designed to accelerate rumen and gastro-intestinal system development, enhance the growth and functionality of rumen papillae to ease the shift to solid feeds, and amplify mucosal immunity. These advancements in nutritional science present an innovative pathway for farmers aiming to elevate herd health and performance while responding to the increasing call for sustainable farming practices and antibiotic stewardship. A healthy gut and a balanced microbiome are intrinsically linked to improved animal well-being and performance, prompting a turn towards products that can feed, colonise, or positively influence the gut environment.BioBalance Next Gen’s mode of action is designed to accelerate rumen and gastro-intestinal system development, enhance the growth and functionality of rumen papillae to ease the shift to solid feeds, and amplify mucosal immunity. These advancements in nutritional science present an innovative pathway for farmers aiming to elevate herd health and performance while responding to the increasing call for sustainable farming practices and antibiotic stewardship.A healthy gut and a balanced microbiome are intrinsically linked to improved animal well-being and performance, prompting a turn towards products that can feed, colonise, or positively influence the gut environment.
To ensure the optimal benefits of this bioactive chain:
- Prebiotics must be selectively chosen to feed the beneficial bacteria without promoting harmful ones.
- Probiotics must be viable and capable of establishing themselves within the gut environment to rebalance the microbiota and outcompete any undesirable bacteria.
- Postbiotics require consistent and regular administration, being products of controlled processes designed for specific targets, whether addressing health challenges, life stages, or species-specific issues.
The Role of Postbiotics in Gut Health
- The role of postbiotics in gut health can be understood through various theoretical perspectives: their biological consistency, their influence on host physiology, and their application across species and life stages. These elements underpin the theoretical framework that guides the scientific understanding of how postbiotics contribute to gut health.
- Biological Consistency: Controlled Production: Postbiotics are non-viable bacterial products obtained through controlled fermentation processes, ensuring batch-to-batch consistency (Aguilar-Toalá et al., 2018).
- Influence on Host Physiology: Regular Delivery: Consistent administration is essential for sustained health benefits, potentially even offering cumulative effects (Patel & DuPont, 2015).
- Immune Modulation: In the context of young ruminants, postbiotics can enhance the developing immune system (Song et al., 2014).
- Digestive Efficiency: Postbiotics contribute to the development of a healthy rumen, which is essential for the efficient digestion of fibrous plant material (Yáñez-Ruiz et al., 2015).
- Stress Alleviation: They may mitigate physiological responses to stressors like weaning or environmental changes (McGhee & Bridges, 2017).
- Target Specificity: Postbiotics can be tailored to address specific health challenges, life stages, or even particular species, making them highly versatile (Schrezenmeir & de Vrese, 2001).
- Growth Promotion: In young ruminants, certain postbiotics increase average daily weight gain, an essential metric for livestock productivity (Elnesr et al., 2019).
- Reduced Antibiotic Use: With growing concerns about antibiotic resistance, postbiotics offer an alternative strategy for disease prevention and treatment (Uyeno et al., 2015).
Postbiotics are a powerful class of additives, offering a suite of benefits that can be finely tuned to meet specific animals’ needs or address health concerns. While not a substitute for antibiotics or anthelmintics, postbiotics significantly enhance digestive health, gut integrity, and microbial diversity. They bolster the immune system, aiding recovery from and response to health challenges.
Faster rumen development (Xiao et al., 2015, Lesmeister et al. 2004. Brewer et al., 2014)
- More VFA absorption
- Earlier adaptation to solid feed and Enhanced starter feed intake
- (Lesmeister and Heinrichs Penn State Univ.; Harris et, al., 2015.)
Better intestinal morphology (Velez et al. 2019, Brewer et al. 2014).
- Increased surface area
- Greater nutrient absorption
- More resistant to pathogen challenge
- Field trials demonstrate that the Diamond V Calf Programme aids in reducing the spread and severity of E. coli in calves (Diamond V Field Trial, USA. 2016)
- Comprehensive field tests and independent research confirm that the Diamond V Calf Programme boosts calf performance (Brewer et al., 2014, Harris et, al., 2015).
- Independent and field trials show that the Diamond V Calf Program reduces the incidence of key calf health issues; diarrhea and respiratory problems. (Alugongo et al., 2015.)
Our innovative postbiotic liquid, exemplifies this approach. It catalyses the rumen and gastro-intestinal development, leading to increased feed intake. It accelerates the maturation of intestinal structures, facilitates the transition to solid feed through the elongation of rumen papillae, and supports weight gain. Importantly, it strengthens the calf’s immune response, enhancing mucosal immunity to lower viral burdens and inflammation, while also reinforcing the gut’s epithelial barriers, making them less permeable to harmful substances. This multifaceted action underscores the pivotal role of postbiotics in animal nutrition and their substantial contribution to farm profitability and animal welfare.